Often risks stay hidden under the surface of your operations, and you don’t feel unease at all. When the discomfort shows up, it can be too late.
Well, we all agree that discovering risk is much better than waiting for it to discover your company.
It looks like just a simple statement, some kind of matter of fact. But is your company ready?
Try to give an answer to the following questions:
- Do we have any criteria in place to decide whether a risk is acceptable or it needs to be removed?
- How long does it normally take for us to assess risks? Is it an occasional or recurring task? Or do we have it always in place?
- How many people do we have in charge of this task?
- Once risk is detected, how long does it take for us to find out where and when and why it occurred?
- On average, how many people do we charge with this task?
- Once we have found out where and when and why it occurred, how long does it take to find out what actions need to be taken to tackle it?